Skip to main content

Wedding Videos Part 1


While I'm no longer a bride-to-be, I did want to update this blog with a few post-wedding notes as my husband and I enjoy our first few months as a married couple. To begin, we are eagerly awaiting our official videographer's film, which takes a few months after the big day to arrive. Thank goodness we received our pictures within 10 days or I would be going a little crazy right now (you know how important pictures are to me, lol). Wedding photos can be viewed from our lovely photographer's page here. As far as video, in the meantime I have guest-recorded videos I can watch, and slideshows I can put together. For posterity's sake, here are a few of my favorites:

The ceremony:




The dance:







Then January (one month post wedding) brought about our honeymoon, which was a dream all in itself! I could describe the details of the honeymoon for hours (we spent a day at each of four Disney World parks, we went on carriage rides and boat rides, we walked across a bridge above crocodiles, we took over 400 couples photos including with Mickey Mouse himself!) but it might be easier just to show them in a video too:




February as a married couple had Valentine's Day and hubby's birthday! It's exciting having my first Valentine's Day as a wife and my first chance to get to spoil a husband on his day. Unfortunately I caught a cold during that week, but we still managed to have some very special activities. Dear husband brought me home surprise roses before Valentine's Day and took me to the mall to get me a Build-a-Bear of "Beast" from Beauty and the Beast (who else?). On his birthday I took him to see the Marvel movie Black Panther, and we enjoyed a dinner with friends at the Texas de Brazil steakhouse. We both have fond memories already and a few traditions started (Valentine's Day tacos anyone?).

Next up should hopefully be the official wedding video whenever it arrives and the official wedding album that will be printed in March. And then I can officially close the wedding experience (well, once I finish up all the thank you notes!) and open up the next exciting chapter of our lives: starting a family!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mani-Pedi Ready

The wedding is officially SEVEN days away. That means that in one week (give or take a few hours), I will be a "Mrs." Exciting! Scary! Both! But in order to keep the big day from being too scary, I just have to make sure I'm prepared. That means perfecting our first dance choreography ( see next post ) and taking care of any final items that need to be done before the wedding. That means finishing the favors, printing the programs, and nailing my wedding-day nails look. I wish I could take credit for my new French tips, but I don't know the first thing about nail polish. My fiance's mom treated me to a mani-pedi (the second one I've ever had in my life and my first one with gels!) at The Nail Shoppe LV in town. I'm ready for ring shots!

Say Yes to the Dress!

Of course I chose my wedding dress months ago. I had to, considering how long they typically take to come in. I wanted to plan a wedding in six months. That's apparently "last minute" in the wedding dress industry. I'm not even kidding--most wedding books and websites recommend purchasing the gown "nine months or earlier." As luck would have it, I received a call yesterday that my dress, ordered June 29 (just 17 days after I got engaged) had arrived! That still gives me two and a half months to get it fitted and finalized. The road to get here was a fun one (yay, playing dress up!), but certainly not an easy path. I think I may have even dodged a train wreck along the way: It started out with my initial dress shopping. Almost immediately after I got engaged in June I started visiting the local bridal shops I knew (Alfred Angelo and David's Bridal ) to schedule an appointment for trying on dresses. After waiting five years to get engaged, you ca